1. That our expectations of children are skewed because they are all based on white, middle class boys as the norm (who therefore will never suffer).
2. That behaviourism worked for training animals and should have stayed there.
3. That the learning environment has a massive impact on the behaviour and learning of children and a good one will stop problems occurring that would require sanctions a la no.2.
4. That all learning should be intrinsically motivated.
5. That I’ve spent too much time on twitter. I don’t believe everything I’m told. Some people do.